Under direct supervision this position includes shelving of library materials and organize library materials, help patrons locate materials, assist with photocopying documents for staff and patrons, help prepare the library facilities for program use, assist in program activities, answer directional questions, adhere to library policies and procedures, occasionally performing minor clerical duties and perform any other tasks as requested. The work requires no prior knowledge of library procedures, as employees are trained on the job.
The following minimum requirements are established for the position:
- A high school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; tact; excellent people skills; attention to detail.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Manage detail, recognize and set priorities, meet deadlines, work quickly and accurately, follow directions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, nights and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand for long periods of time as needed.
- Ability to lift, transport and/or move objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Anything greater will require a two person assist.
- Must be able to reach or bend to retrieve materials on low or high shelves.
- Must be able to grasp a barcode scanner for extended periods of time. Must be proficient in the use of the computer keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please e-mail your resume and references in PDF format to Beth Devlin at email@example.com.
Make sure you add “Library Page” to the subject line.
For more information you can call (856)767-7727