In order to promote access to online resources, the Waterford Township Public Library (WTPL) is circulating mobile WiFi hotspots. This service is not meant to replace home internet service, but to provide access away from home or during unexpected power outages, to get homework help and to do job searching after library hours. Hotspots can be used anywhere in the continental United States that is serviced by T-Mobile and/or Sprint.
Rules & Eligibility
- Hotspots will be loaned to WTPL cardholders in good standing (card is not blocked due to fines, fees or overdue materials) and 18 years of age and older.
- Hotspots are available at the Circulation Desk on a first-come, first-served basis from the time of opening until 15 minutes before closing.
- A patron must present their WTPL card and a current, valid, government issued photo identification to the Circulation Desk staff to checkout a hotspot.
- The loan period is 1 month and hotspots cannot be renewed. Upon return of a WiFi hotspot, a cardholder or another person living in the same household may not borrow another WiFi hotspot for 10 days.
Terms & Conditions
- An overdue charge of $5 per day will be charged up to a maximum of $75. When the hotspot reaches one day overdue it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable.
- Hotspot checkout is limited to one per household.
IMPORTANT: Hotspots are fragile and must be returned at the Circulation Desk and not in the book drop. Devices returned in book drop will result in a $10 fine plus any damages which might occur. The patron is responsible for any changes in condition while the device is in the patron’s care. Charges for lost, damaged or stolen hotspots:
$79.00 for hot spot
$10.00 or micro-USB charger
$ 7.00 for case/bag
PLEASE NOTE: WTPL reserves the right to refuse lending these devices to patrons who have lost or damaged equipment or who are repeatedly late in returning devices. The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expenses resulting from use or misuse of these devices, connection of the device to other electronic devices or networks, or data loss resulting from use of these devices. The Library is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information shared over the Internet. Engaging in any behavior meant to harm another person, such as cyber bullying, or use of a hot spot to access websites which are illegal or contain illegal content when using the hotspot will result in loss of borrowing privileges.