Computers and Software:
Public Internet Access Computers are available with the following software applications loaded:
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint) and Adobe Photoshop
Headsets are required for watching movies or listening to music.
Please refer to the Internet Use Policy
The library has laptops available for in-house use only.
Requirements for use are:
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- Provide a valid photo I.D. with your current address.
- Sign user agreement
Please refer to the Library Laptop Use Policy
- The Waterford Township Public Library also offers access to a laser printer for computer users.
- Only paper provided by the Library is to be used in library printers.
- Printing is available at a cost of $0.15 per black & white page and $0.30 per color page.
Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
Wireless Internet is available free to any library customers with WIFI enabled laptops and wireless devices. The entire library building is a WIFI Hotspot.
Connecting to the Library's Wireless Network
- You must have a computer or other device equipped with an 802.11b-compatible wireless card.
- Using your computer's network utilities, look for the wireless network named "Waterford."
- The "Waterford" wireless network does not require a password to connect.
Limitations and Disclaimers Regarding Wireless Access
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software, within three hundred feet.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Library's network.