The Waterford Township Public Library (WTPL) circulates mobile WiFi Hotspots. WTPL’s WiFi Hotspots can be used anywhere in the continental United States that is serviced by T-Mobile and/or Sprint.
Rules & Eligibility
- Hotspots will be loaned to WTPL cardholders in good standing (card is not blocked due to fines, fees or overdue materials) and borrower must be 18 years of age and older.
- Hotspots are available at the circulation desk on a first-come, first-serve basis from the time of opening until 15 minutes before closing.
- A patron must present their WTPL card and a current, valid, government issued photo identification to the circulation desk staff to checkout a hotspot.
- The loan period is 2 weeks and hotspots cannot be renewed.
- Upon return of a WiFi Hotspot, the cardholder or other individual living in the same household may not borrow a WiFi Hotspot for 10 days.
Terms & Conditions
- An overdue charge of $5 per day will be charged up to a maximum of $75.
- When the Hotspot reaches one day overdue, it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable.
- Hotspot checkout is limited to one per household.
- Hotspots must be returned to the circulation desk.
Charges for lost, damaged or stolen WiFi Hotspots
- $79.00 for Hotspot
- $10.00 or micro-USB charger
- $15.00 for case/bag
- $10.00 if placed in book drop
PLEASE NOTE: WTPL reserves the right to refuse lending these devices to patrons who have lost or damaged equipment or who are repeatedly late in returning devices. The library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expenses resulting from use or misuse of these devices, connection of the device to other electronic devices or networks, or data loss resulting from use of these devices. The library is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information shared over the Internet. Accessing websites which are illegal or contain illegal content when using the hotspot will result in loss of borrowing privileges.